.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Monday, September 27, 2004

Kerry's In A Big Hole

Ann Althouse might be able to explain why. This is exactly the type of person whose support Kerry needed to gain, and apparently has lost. She is one of these legal bloggers, and is from Wisconsin. I liked both her willingness to explain her thought process and her honesty.

I also thought the latest Battleground poll looked very bad indeed for Kerry. This is a good one because it shows a history of results over weeks. The numbers look bad indeed if you are a Democrat; the relatively high level of consistent support for Bush means that all the pressure is upon Kerry. Most disturbing for the local parties is that the D/R preference in other races is now converging, meaning Bush may well develop coattails.

I will watch the debates. I hope Kerry can give a better account of himself than he has lately. Even though I know I'm voting for Bush, I am very unhappy that real issues and the direction of the country are not being discussed. This is what the elections are for, and Kerry has not done a good job of putting forth solid proposals in such a way that the population believes in his agenda. It would be wonderful if the entire country could have the same health insurance benefits that federal employees get, for instance, but I fail to see how we could possibly pay for it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?