.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Dave Barry Blog/Division of Labor

Herald.com | 10/24/2004 | In defense of a man's-eye view

You know, I think he's right about the Barbies. I favor the large toy chest, chuck-it-all-in strategy. You know how most kids go through that stage where they take off all their clothes, preferably in the middle of the supermarket? Maybe the child is using her Barbies to express her deep resentment against the clothing Nazis. I would take the position that putting the clothes back on all the time might cause lasting psychological harm.

But then, I'm a philistine on housework. As a teenager I rebelled against ironing the sheets, and argued my case with such fervor and passion that I convinced my mother that the world wouldn't end it they were not ironed. You know what? No one ever complained. On the other hand, I do prefer to scrub floors on my hands and knees. They never get really, really clean if you just mop them.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?