.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Sunday, October 24, 2004

DU thread of the day

This thread starts out with an appeal to DU'rs not to humiliate freepers (hardcore conservatives?) after the Kerry victory. The advocates of gentility fight hard, but can't convince all their opponents.

One individual takes an historical perspective:
Defeated Armies were sodomized in Rome. I think Rome had it right". (smiley face omitted).

Another argues for tactical necessity:
"Perhaps you are the one who should think with your head. Heaping scorn on the freepers is the best way to ensure the soft middle is ashamed to be associated with them.

"You claim the enemy will be "more determined" next time -- how so? This time they called the candidate a spineless war criminal and have tried to fix the vote. Are you suggesting they've been holding back?

"'...and more numerous...' Oooh, that's ominous. But what is it based on? You sound like you're modelling the election on Fallujah or something. But we're not talking about bombing them, we're talking about using social pressure to keep people from identifying with them."

Yet another advocates kindness combined with dedication to the agenda:
"They will be bitter enough with the loss, we need not rub it in. Also, that wheel may turn some day, and they might be back in the winners seat. Karma can be a bitch.

"But we should not think that a loss will some how snap them out of their delusional behavior. Have we learned nothing in the past 12 years? These people are 100% sold into their group mindthink.

"Still, we must take advantage of every bit of power that Kerry's win affords us. We need to make changes that will last a generation, like supreme court and federal judges appointed. Employment and tax programs that work together to create good jobs in America and to link employment to patriotism.

"Most of all (and I think this point deserves its own thread) we need to come up with an alternative to the corporation as a business model.

"Co-ops? Collectives? ...I really dont know, but corporations are anti-democratic by nature. You wonder why so many people do not vote? My guess is that there is a direct link to corporatism. Corporations divide people into classes and teach workers that they live in a social order where power does NOT depend on the consent of the governed."

This last reminds me of some threads on Howard Dean's forums at the beginning of the year. I have to confess I was looking for an alternative to Bush. I had hopes for Dean, which endured about to that incident where he said he'd be interested to know if the Bush administration had had a hand in crashing the planes into the World Trade Center. It was one of theose "some people say" things.

Ah well, such is the life of MaxedOutMama. I still maintain that Howard Dean's record on the ground was pretty good. Hey, I was *****passionately***** for Tsongas. My support of a Democratic candidate during the primaries ensures doom.



Comments:
What makes you so sure that kerry will win? If you look at all information available on this race objectively, you would have to conclude that it's a dead heat and Kerry has about a 50% chance. That means he very well might win but it also means that Bush might still win. And if Bush wins, what will you do then?
 
Anonymous,

I believe Bush will win. I will vote for Bush. I found the DU thread worth note, so I linked to it. One of the things that concerns me about this election is the rancor and anger, and this thread shows an interesting mix of views from what are presumably Kerry supporters.

I don't support this type of attitude. I believe it harms our country. I don't even understand it. I can't imagine why anyone would want to subject themself to this sort of psychological pressure.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?