Monday, November 01, 2004
InfoWorld: Ingres r3 open source database
InfoWorld: Shipping out
Now this is exciting open-source news. Has anyone out there worked with Ingres? I usually use Interbase for open source, just because I've found it very stable. But it does have drawbacks - for one thing it requires tight design or it's slow. What say you, my fellows?
Btw, I just looked at the latest figures for IE. Supposedly it still has over 92% of the market for web browsers. I don't believe it. It's never cracked 60% according to my stats. I think it's down there around 85%.
Now this is exciting open-source news. Has anyone out there worked with Ingres? I usually use Interbase for open source, just because I've found it very stable. But it does have drawbacks - for one thing it requires tight design or it's slow. What say you, my fellows?
Btw, I just looked at the latest figures for IE. Supposedly it still has over 92% of the market for web browsers. I don't believe it. It's never cracked 60% according to my stats. I think it's down there around 85%.
MaxedOutMama
