.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Well - I have to wonder

On DU there is a very short thread which has me quite puzzled:
Does this sound rational?

I have studied Abnormal Psy, Social Psy, Sociology, Soc. in marriage and family, Multicultural counseling, Addiction counseling and have a general idea about what this * gov. is all about and about where they want to go.

The professor I had for Multicultural counseling was a white, gay, young man who explained to us that our government was set up to keep only one part of our society in power. That part is the WHITE, RICH, MEN.

I believe that the government we have in power now would like to do away with all entitlements. The reason I think this is because it would work perfectly to keep them rich,and in power. ( If they can do away with social security this would be a start.) By doing away with these programs they would have more money and it would drive the poor to their only resource ( the church ). The Christian religion believes that MEN are superior to women and this would work for them. It would help them maintain power and wealth. I am aware that there are minorities who are wealthy and who hold power but by far the biggest segment of society that hold both power and wealth and have the backing of religion, in this country, are the RICH, WHITE, MEN.
The few answers to this thread were, "Well, duh", "DUH", "Hi" and "Yeah, that sums it up pretty well."

I think what really bothers me is all the educational courses the poster cites. It sounds as if the "multicultural" (why rich white men are evil) and addiction counselling were courses as opposed to actual counselling. I hope this is not the type of, um, reasoning that is actually used if someone shows up for counselling. I know nothing about this type of thing, but both the, ahhh, logic and the fact that it seems somehow to have become instutionalized (possibly in an accredited institution) worries me.

My father used to express his doubts of someone's competence by saying "He couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel." It seems to me the poster who took these courses has emerged in precisely that condition. This could explain much.


Comments:
Proof, Mama, that we will be in business forever.

Stupidity, like air, is everywhere.
 
LOL! I love your father's salty expression:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?