.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Wow - Outside In On EBay

This is just an incredible post, worth reading so that you will be able to watch for the signs of eBay fever as so aptly explicated by Outside In. It can be fatal to a relationship:
Before I quit eBay I made some fine purchases. These are among my best:

A vintage 1965 Airstream travel trailer in mint condition with all original interior, including pink Formica counter tops. She lived her entire life parked in Estes , CO until I got her on a Buy It Now listing that started at 2:38 AM. Having never even considered a travel trailer and with no knowledge of them whatsoever, I bought her at 2:39 AM for 4800.00 because the price seemed right (It was; I've since been offered 11,000. and up). At 2:42 AM I went back to bed and the next morning I thought I had dreamed that I bought an Airstream. This was during the phase where I was having blackouts. Imagine my horror when I read that the buyer had to retrieve her from Estes Park, cash in hand, within 7 days.
Chief No-Nag had a dire flirtation with eBay. I slowly backed him down, but it wasn't easy. He's on a methadone-type program of thrift stores.


Comments:
I keep dreaming about, well, you know.

You know, there are some real deals on Ebay. Perhaps you and CNN might want to check this out, togrther:http://www.whowouldbuythat.com/
 
Souter and moving vans. Tis an outcome devoutly to be desired. I read today that the guy who started it is really trying to get some real estate moguls to get in on it. The selectmen aren't saying no yet either.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?