.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Smorgasbord

I've been wandering through my favorite blogging brooders to see what they have to say about the Roberts nomination. SC&A points out the idiocy of the explosion of rant:
The real story here is the influence the special interest groups, on the Left and the Right have on the process. Irrespective of who is named, the political powers that be, have to make a stink- payback, for the support these groups give them. By doing so, the influence these groups have over the process is magnified- and undeserved.

These groups, on the Right or Left, are no more than delivery vehicles for deceit. Reading their Goebbel's-like propaganda is enough to make the average citizen ill.
and:
Live and let live is the skeletal ideology and morality of this country, and that is anathema to the agenda based persons who need to lie and deceive. The last thing they want are tolerant Americans. Tolerant Americans are their real enemy. Their agenda, whatever it may be, cannot survive tolerant Americans.
Admit it - that's absolutely true. What most Americans want is not the extremes of political rhetoric. The politicians are the ones who need it. Alliance for America was sure, just sure, that Souter would be a disaster. The truth is that we don't know what's going to happen, and Bush doesn't either.

Dingo is not too happy. He suspects Roberts is the type to support Kelo. I have to confess that this was my first intuitive suspicion after reading some of the coverage, but I don't trust my intuition, and I'm not too sure how predictive an article written 27 years ago is either. Go over there and see what he has to say.

Carl at No Oil For Pacifists is very pleased:
John Roberts is a great man, a great judge and will be impossible to defeat. Especially with the sort of approach IowaHawk's unearthed.
Iowahawk is covering the opposition to the nomination; I laughed myself silly.



Comments:
In the late 1990s, I worked with Judge Roberts (then in the private bar) on the Republican National Lawyers Association. He's smart and fair, and among the nicest top-echelon, high-powered types I've dealt with in D.C. Conservatives can trust him. Liberals can too: Judge Roberts is as he appears--impeccably qualified.

I predict he'll be elevated to Chief after Rehnquist retires.
 
Carl, I find that very reassuring. Thanks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?