.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Orbital Mechanics

"Ground Control to Major Tom...."

SC&A had an interview with John of Stop The ACLU recently. It seems very relevant right now, because I just read that the NYCLU is suing to prevent police from searching the bags of subway riders:
The New York Civil Liberties Union today filed suit against the city to keep police from searching the bags of passengers entering the subway, organization lawyers said.

The suit, which filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, will claimed that the two-week old policy violates constitutional guarantees of equal protection and prohibitions against unlawful searches and seizures, while doing almost nothing to shield the city from terrorism.

It argues that the measure also allows the possibility for racial profiling, even though officers are ordered to randomly screen passengers.

"While concerns about terrorism of course justify -- indeed, require -- aggressive police tactics, those concerns cannot justify the Police Department's unprecedented policy of subjecting millions of innocent people to suspicionless searches," states the suit.
Well, the people searched do have the choice not to get on the subway, which is a public accomodation. Is it me, or are these people waaaaay out in orbit? Just which type of aggressive police tactics do they think will work? Arresting Bush for war crimes?

(Commencing countdown engine's on...)

Maybe it's some New Yorkish thing that I couldn't possibly understand:
The NEW YORK TIMES is looking into the adoption records of the children of Supreme Court Nominee John G. Roberts, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The TIMES has investigative reporter Glen Justice hot on the case to investigate the status of adoption records of Judge Roberts’ two young children, Josie age 5 and Jack age 4, a top source reveals.
Leave the kids out of it, okay? In other orbital news, the shuttle is coming home with no further repairs.

(For here am I sitting in a tin can, far above the world
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do....)

We'll all be relieved when they're down on the ground in one piece.


Comments:
I think I've already expressed my bag searching opinion.

And I don't for a second understand the adoption thing. What could they possibly expect/hope to find? Is there anyway it could possibly be relevant to anything? I do so try to not make decisions when I don't have enough information but sometimes they make it so hard.

Is it just me or is it time to move on past the shuttle? Whether the follow on is public or private I think that thing has run it's course.
 
Tommy, I think the shuttle program is over. It was only supposed to go till 2009 anyway. I know they have scrubbed the next set of missions already.

The adoption investigation strikes me as total tone-deafness. I suppose they are trying to uncover that the kids are Adolf Hitler's 29th cousins or something. DU was discussing the "Boys From Brazil".
 
I was under the impression the children were not from Brazil. But...if they were, what relevance did they claim that had to anything?

And I've listened to the piano player in the bar in Sao Paulo that came to Brazil from Germany "a long time ago." I found it interesting, but quite honestly the only interesting part about it is what I just said.
 
Something about fascists and Nazis. Apparently some of them are under the impression that the only blonds in Brazil are cloned Nazis or something.

A few people tried to point out that South America has a very mixed population, but I guess the BusHitler South AmeriKKKan connection is seductive.

What really confuses me is that these people seem to be able to believe simultaneously that the Mossad runs the world and that a BusHitler Nazi KKK gang does. All those Jewish Nazi Klan people were always very close, you know?
 
Well one of the largest groups of immigrants into Argentina were the Italians, more so than the Spanish even. The Irish too, one of the heroes in the independence of Chile is a fellow with the last name of O'Higgins. He's got statues, streets, parks and all sorts of things in his honor. I can't help but think some of those people crossed borders you know?

You can find German WW2 stuff at the flea markets in Argentina and Brazil (as well as the before mentioned piano player) so it is there. But trying to connect those dots is ridiculous.

I need to start a blog category of The Convenient Conspiracy Theory of the Day.
 
CCTOD studies. I like it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?