Thursday, October 20, 2005
I need a business continuity plan for pandemic flu planning fatigue, because what I'm doing is not working.
So far this evening I've compensated by
- Raiding Chief No-Nag's butter pecan ice cream. I don't like butter pecan ice cream, and halfway through I felt really abused when he didn't wander over and look mournful or pathetic. Now I understand why my female dog would rather stare desperately at the male dog's rawhide than eat her own.
- Bending a fork a la Uri Geller. It's easy. Don't ever cough up money to a fork-bending psychic.
- Attempting to lift weights with my feet while still sitting and typing. Ow, ow, ouch.
- Smoking, just because it gave me an excuse to get up and go outside.
- Drinking a cup of coffee that I did not want and that just made me sleepier.
- Stroking Rescue Dog with my foot. He loves attention, but this was too much. He made me a counteroffer of a walk, but then he finally got up and moved out of foot harassment range so he could take a nap.
- Sneaking in a few humorous clicks. Iowahawk has another installment of How to Blog Good, but I found myself sympathizing with Howard Dean's empty-headedness at Tommy's. I feel like another few hours of this would qualify me to be DNC Chair.
Usually when I reach this abyss of abject despair and loathing with a project I finish it quickly. I left the more interesting stuff about collateralization and lending risk for last, so maybe I'll make it through alive. Maybe.
Links to this post: