.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Friday, March 10, 2006

A Little Humor From The Exhausted One

Tommy of Striving For Average explains my mental state well, through spam.

Scrappleface has uncovered a second scandalous lecture at the same school where Jay Bennish teaches (catch up if you don't know the name). This time the school's administration is taking strong and swift action.

Conservative Cat has discovered a cure for human flu, as described by a cat. If you have never had the flu, the cure might seem a bit drastic. If you have ever had a bad case of the flu, you will kick yourself and wonder why you didn't think of it.

Mark Steyn is always at least somewhat humorous, and in this
RadioBlogger Jed Babbin transcript, Steyn takes a quizzical look at the Dubai issue:

...the Democrats really ran with this, and panicked enough Republicans into joining them. And the question now is who do these things go to? Do they go to Halliburton? I mean, Halliburton might as well get it, because the reality is that PNO, the British company who were running things at these ports were running them because there's no American company that does it. What are we going to do? Are we going to create a company specifically for the purpose of running these ports, which would be some semi-nationalized off-shoot of Homeland Security? I wouldn't personally want to see that. Or is there going to be a real company that steps forward. Interestingly, as I understand this deal, Dubai Ports World will still be running Canadian ports. So if the argument is that these ports will be vulnerable to getting something suspicious trucked in, shipped in, all they have to do is ship it into Vancouver and drive it over the border to Washington State. So I'm not sure quite what the benefits are there.

The Anchoress announces that she is an amateur Catholic. Partly funny and partly profound.

While we are on the subject of Catholics, here's a joke Chief No-Nag, who is Catholic, could not wait to tell me yesterday when I got home. If you are offended you are probably not Irish and I'll never believe that you're Catholic!

This is my favorite Irish Catholic joke:

An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding. The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car. He says, "Sir, have you been drinking?"

"Just water," says the priest.

The trooper says, "Then why do I smell wine?"

The priest looks at the bottle and says, "Good Lord! He's done it again!"

And I seem to have wandered into Irish drinking humor somehow, so here's Iowahawk on national security.

I will end this with some non-Irish humor so I don't get flamed by Irish people:
Q: What do you call a anorexic White Anglo-Saxon Protestant?
A: A WISP


Comments:
When I read the spam I kept wondering..."how do they know?"

Maybe I should start reading my spam more closely, there might be some other comedic gems.
 
Clearly your supreme brilliance has overawed the spam community.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?