.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Alt-A Reality In CA

From this Broker's Outpost thread:
BTW, I know my neighbors very well. I live in a culdesac with 6 houses and I refinanced all of them in the last 5 years. 1 full doc, non fixed, 5 alt a. Average value in 2005 was 1,100,000. The house in the court behind me sits on the market for 1 year and currently is listed at 850k. The foreclosure up the street (all same development) got sold as REO at 729k. You tell me, where do I put these people when they adjust?
In the short sale line?

The losses on Alt-A in several areas are going to make the subprime losses look like a penny-ante game, and the reason people are having problem with jumbos is because of that. You really need at least 30% down on those right now, and in a few areas, you need 40%.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?