.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Sorry

Sorry again, dear readers. Between the aged lady neighbor and my sick dog, I haven't been getting any sleep.

I just got back from the vet. They are going to check to see if there's anything they can do, but if not I have to put my dog down today. I'm going to try to catch forty winks, if I can stop the other dog from screaming and crying. She is not taking this well.

Update: Diabetes!!!! Amazing that this wasn't picked up sooner, but no blood test ever showed it before, and the last one was just a couple of months ago. So he may have another chance at life. I'm glad I insisted they do some tests, though I'll be sorry when I get the bill.

Update Again! Rescue Dog has been rescued from durance vile. Everyone at the vet's exclaimed over how wonderful he is - well, he sure wanted to leave badly. He was extremely nice to his farewell committee. Many human diabetics get extreme mood swings, but this dog is too much of a gentleman to show it.

So he's home, and tonight he gets his first insulin shot..... Here's where having been through the medical mill yourself makes things a lot easier. I don't have diabetes, and these tiny little needles look like a cupcake to me. I wish that's all I had to do to myself!

Next up, try to deal with the old lady. I spent half today cleaning the house.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?